The Palestine Industrial Estate Incentives Programme (PIEIP) aims to provide incentives to encourage companies outside the industrial estates to relocate into IEs in order to enjoy the benefits and privileges that the IEs provide. The programme also aims to encourage companies already located in IEs to develop their processes, to invest in new technology and start operations within the premises of the IEs, with the aim of promoting inclusive, sustainable, private sector-led economic development and therefore promote decent-job creation in Palestine
The PIEIP will include currently operating IEs in Palestine, these IEs are:
- Gaza Industrial Estate – GIE.
- Jericho Agro-Industrial Park – JAIP.
- Bethlehem Multidisciplinary Industrial Park – BIE.
Under this programme, the EU will provide EUR 9 Million to help the Government of Palestine (GOP) to provide financial incentives to the eligible businesses to relocate into the IEs, to invest in upgrading production capacity and improving production quality. This manual will give specific and clear rules and procedures that will guide the implementation of this incentives programme.
PIEIP is intended to facilitate new investments at the IEs, which will, in turn, provide new employment opportunities and value-added to meet market needs as well as for potential exports.
To promote inclusive, sustainable, private sector-led economic development and therefore promote decent-job creation in Palestine and build the path towards a green economy.
The programme, in line with the GOP strategic development plan aims at:
- providing a financial and non-financial incentives programme (See section 3.2) for companies that are interested in relocating into the IEs, or expansion or investments as existing tenants within IEs, by providing support for diversification of production, acquiring new technologies or expansion of existing industry.
- Contributing to IPIEA's (Palestinian Investment Promotion and Industrial Estates and Free Zones Agency) capacity to efficiently develop the IEs in Palestine.
Implementing partner: IPIEA
Investment Promotion and Industrial Estate Agency role is to encourage investment in Palestine, IPIEA is an autonomous agency by the Law NO. (1) for year 1998 and its amendments on encouragement of investment, Law NO. (10) for year 1998 on Industrial zone and presidential decree no (10) for year 2021 on Palestinian organizations governance, those regulations provides investors by incentives and guaranties to make their investments in Palestine profitable through a free of bureaucracy business environment, the Agency in charged on establishing and monitoring and regulating the industrial estates and the free industrial zones in Palestine in addition to planning and promoting the concepts and actualize it in compliance with international standards to generate and maintain jobs, IPIEA is the practical translation to the vision of Palestine and its policies to encourage private sector and maintain healthy investment environment.
The Palestinian government aims to provide incentives to companies currently located in industrial estates or interested in relocating into the concerned IEs aiming to diversify, transform, expand or repurpose their production processes, with the intention of increasing productivity, improving production quality and most importantly sustaining current jobs and/or creating new job opportunities.
Applicants in Gaza and Westbank are required to submit their grant applications, in which each region will be assessed and evaluated independently.
Taking into consideration the military escalation in Gaza, to provide an investment incentive package that includes a financial grant, the applicants has been categorized in the following three categories prioritized consequently:
- Category 1: Businesses partially or fully damaged, located inside GIE, will be assessed and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- A rapid recovery plan, with higher points given to those businesses that have the shortest recovery period within 6 months, rapid recovery plan means the business can re-operate within 6 months period with at-least 70% of original production capacity and number of employees in the first 3 months increasing to 100% within 6 months
- Higher number of employees
- Recovery period more than 6 months
- Grant application and business plan assessment and evaluation results (scoring result).
- Category 2: Businesses partially or fully damaged, located outside GIE and aiming to relocate within, will be assessed and evaluated based on submitted grant applications and business plan (scoring result).
- Category 3: Businesses not damaged, located inside GIE and interested in expansion or investment, or located outside GIE and aiming to relocate within, will be assessed and evaluated based on their submitted grant applications and business plan (scoring result).
JAIP and BIE:
The applicants in this region has been categorized in one category as follows:
- Category 4: Businesses located inside JAIP and BIE or outside and aiming to relocate within, will be assessed and evaluated based on their submitted grant applications and business plan (scoring result).
The applications should be submitted to the Investment Promotion and industrial Estate Agency branch office in GAZA Industrial Estate - Al-Quds Hall, during Working hours, Sunday to Thursday from 8:00 am to 15:00 pm
South Governorate: The Deadline for submitting applications is 75 days, starting from 22/3/2022 and ending on 4/6/2022, and a notification is received for submitting the application for study purposes.
North Governorate: The Deadline for submitting applications is 75 days, starting from 30/3/2022 and ending on 12/6/2022, and a notification is received for submitting the application for study purposes.
|ANNEX 2 Grant Application||Download|
|ANNEX 2A Grant Application sheets||Download|
|Protection of Beneficiaries Personal Data||Download|